Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Research, the Communications Manager develops, implements and maintains internal and external corporate communications, including communications development and delivery, public relations, special event marketing initiatives, tours, web site coordination, and liaising with media – in collaboration with communications personnel from the St. Boniface Hospital Foundation, St. Boniface Hospital, and University of Manitoba.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for communications/public relations activities related to research
- Accountable for implementing innovative and cost-effective communication plan(s)
- Accountable for the tracking/maintenance of the communications budget and timelines
- Event planning and coordination including public education events, tours, seminars, trade shows and international conferences
- Responsible for procurement related to advertising and communications
- Provide marketing and communications support to research affiliates
- Maintain consistency in presentation materials
- Coordinate design and production of annual report
- Oversee management of Cohen Auditorium and audio/visual services
- Provide strategic communications advice to senior management
- Responsible for the supervision and management of staff
Applicants must have a Degree/Diploma in communications, marketing, journalism or other related field, as well as knowledge of advertising communications/marketing typically gained through a minimum of 5 years experience; demonstrated ability to develop and deliver creative and effective business communications (oral and written); be proficient with desktop publishing applications; demonstrate experience in production of multimedia materials including video/animation and webcasting/streaming video; demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills; have the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities, and deal effectively with others in a diverse team environment.
Submit cover letter and CV no later than August 20 to the attention of:
St. Boniface Hospital Research