About St. Boniface Hospital Foundation
Founded in 1971, St. Boniface Hospital Foundation raises funds to support excellence in health care and research at St. Boniface Hospital in a manner that is guided by the legacy and values of the Grey Nuns. The Foundation is a family-oriented, caring, and compassionate environment, and we are excited to welcome a new team member!
St. Boniface Hospital Foundation is seeking an analytical, detail-oriented, and collaborative Prospect Research Specialist to support our mission.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Prospect Research Specialist plays a key role in the frontline fundraising team. In this role, you will support fundraising staff and Foundation leadership by maintaining our prospect research program and ensuring the health of our donor pipeline to increase and diversify revenue. Your primary focus will be to support strategic fundraising efforts through research and analytical activity. This will include researching existing and potential donors, preparing reports related to strategic priorities, liaising with the front-line fundraisers, and contributing to donor strategies. To be successful in the role, you will possess a unique combination of fundraising knowledge and analytical abilities and is a key member of the Major Gifts fundraising team.
Skills & Qualifications
A post-secondary education, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Experience working with a relational database and proficiency in advanced research methodologies such as data analytics, predictive modelling, and segmentation.
- Knowledge of prospect research best practices and training in prospect research, fundraising, and/or database management would be an asset.
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability in investigating, researching, analyzing, and synthesizing large quantities of information in clear and concise formats.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical and research skills with demonstrated experience in research methodologies and proficiency in using various information systems including software, internet, and advanced search techniques.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or other database software including reporting and data analysis.
- Experience in recognizing and assessing wealth indicators and giving capacity as well as identifying prospects would be an asset.
- Exemplary organizational, decision-making, and time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple requests for information simultaneously and prioritize those requests to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to independently manage various priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
- Experience using prospect research software such as iWave or Grant Connect would be an asset.
- Bilingualism (French/English) will be considered an asset.
St. Boniface Hospital Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The salary for this position ranges from $57,000 to $67,000.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to our team, please send your resume and cover letter to
Natalie Domienik, at email@example.com no later than July 28, 2023.
St. Boniface Hospital Foundation is committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes
applications from racialized persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others. If you require accommodations at any point in the hiring process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide them. We appreciate all who apply but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, visit www.stbhf.ca/careers.