The 10th Annual Meeting of the North American Section of the International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences, held in Tampa, Florida from September 7-9, 2023 focused on the intersection of Aging, Heart Failure, Regeneration, and Cardiovascular Medicine, and brought together leading cardiovascular scientists and promising young researchers. The symposium covered a range of topics, including heart failure, cardiovascular aging, cardiovascular regeneration, and cardiovascular medicine.
Honoring Excellence in Cardiovascular Research
The conference’s awards celebrated individuals who have made significant contributions to the field and provided a platform for young investigators and graduate students to showcase their research, including several from St. Boniface Hospital Research.
- The Margaret Moffatt Poster Award went to Molly Crandall, a researcher from the Rabinovich-Nikitin and Kirshenbaum labs.
- The Morris Karmazyn Poster Award was presented to Sikta Chattopadhyaya, a researcher from the Czubryt lab.
- The Gary Lopaschuk Graduate Student Award went to Dr. Keshav Alagarsamy with Leena Regi Saleth presenting on Keshav’s behalf. Both are PhD students in Dhingra’s lab.
- The Buddha Dawn Young Investigator Award: Dr. Inna Rabinovich-Nikitin received this award in recognition of her remarkable work as a young investigator.
- The James Willerson Award for Excellence in Cardiovascular Sciences: Dr. Lorrie Kirshenbaum was honored with the James Willerson Award, acknowledging his exceptional contributions to the field of cardiovascular sciences.
Congratulations to all the winners from ICS who have once again put St. Boniface Hospital Research on the world map for innovation and research excellence.