Facilities and Support
St. Boniface Hospital researchers have access to a wide variety of facilities and support services, including:
- The St. Boniface Hospital Albrechtsen Research Centre, a four-floor research facility housing basic medical laboratories with world-renown expertise in cardiovascular disease and neurodegenerative disorders
- The R.O. Burrel Lab, with a full complement of staff offering support service in the surgical facility as well as in pre-clinical research studies
- The Office of Clinical Research (OCR), a research support service that offers our researchers access to continuing education, contract and statistical support, and granting resources
- The Samuel N. Cohen Auditorium, a 200-seat, fully-equipped lecture theatre, ideally suited for meetings, video conferencing, webcasting and training sessions
- Media Services, which offers research access to award-winning video audio/video production
- Information Technology infrastructure centred on security and reliability
The I.H. Asper Clinical Research Institute is home to the Cardiovascular Health Research in Manitoba (CHaRM) Investigator Group, Psychosocial Oncology and Cancer Nursing Research Group, the Vascular Research department, an outpatient research clinic where the Canadian Centre for Agri-Food Research in Health and Medicine (CCARM) clinical trials are conducted, as well as meeting rooms and conferencing support.
The Dr. Andrei Sakharov Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Facility is an ancillary building featuring three scanners for clinical and research use.
Our goal is to provide an environment that enables researchers to focus on what they do best – medical research!